129. I NYOMAN MASRIADI





129. I NYOMAN  MASRIADI


THE MAN FROM BANTUL (FINAL ROUND) 250 × 435 cm - mixed media on canvas - 2000

BE HUNTED (150 x 200 cm - Acrylic on canvas - 2015)




THE MAN FROM BANTUL (FINAL ROUND) 250 × 435 cm - mixed media on canvas - 2000

BIO & STEPS


Born:  
                  In 1973, in Gianyar, Bali
Nowadays:
Lives in Yogyakarta with his wife Ana and his two children.


Studies:
He  received his training in art at the Indonesian Institute of the Arts, Yogyakarta (ISI)
IN 1993 he Entered ISI Yogyakarta, Fine Art department

Themes and style: 
            The visual imagery and narratives in his paintings are derived from keen and intelligent observations of social life and behavioural traits. His visual vocabulary is striking, continuously refreshing and contemporaneously relevant.
Techniques:      
         His work is developed in paintings



Exhibitions
Masriadi’s works have been exhibited in museums and galleries in Paris, Moscow, Bali, Yogyakarta, Singapore and Dordrecht. He held his first solo exhibition entitled Masriadi: Black is My Last Weapon at the Singapore Art Museum, in 2008.
See all at:




Representative Galleries:

Paul Kasmin
Christie’s
Bloomsberg


In his own words:

He is inspired by daily life. “There’s no particular process. Just sitting here, I’ve already got an idea for my work,” he says while smoking and sipping on a glass of orange juice and vodka. “In college I was influenced by the masters. But too many concepts stifle my creativity. I don’t want to be bound by concepts.”

For more Information: